Saturday, May 1, 2010

EXP2 - The Black Box



The Black box indeed. The reason which I chose this slide was its relation to how I was thinking at the time when I was desigining the labs for my clients. I always knew I wanted to have the two labs closer to the ground, but not entirely on the ground and for it to have protrusions which would serve a purpose for not just one scientist, but both simultaneously. This is the main reason which I have chosen to reflect on my chosen slide. Seeing something, with its form free to explore the air and the space around I found particularly interesting. For me I wanted my design to feel like a growth, which although is rooted to the ground, to give the illusion that it is trying to reach out into the air - Constantly contending with the space around.

No comments:

Post a Comment